Wisconsin-based company ranked in top 50 in many areas of service
Michels has been named the top U.S. contractor for pipeline and power transmission and distribution by Engineering News-Record (ENR). Michels was also ranked among the nation’s top infrastructure contractors in a dozen other industry sectors.
Michels is one of the largest utility and transportation infrastructure contractors in North America.
The rankings were recently announced as part of ENR’s annual Top 400 Contractors List based upon 2016 construction revenue.
Michels’ ranking by industry sector are:
- First, petroleum pipelines
- First, power transmission and distribution
- Second, telecommunications transmission lines
- Third, sanitary and storm sewers
- Eighth, wind
- Ninth, general building (mixed use)
- 14th, petroleum
- 16th, power
- 23rd, telecommunications
- 24th, bridges
- 24th, highways
- 24th, mass transit and rail
- 28th, sewerage and solid waste
- 47th, transportation
“These rankings are a testament to the dedication and hard work of our exceptional people on projects of all sizes,” says Pat Michels, president and CEO. “We share this recognition with our customers who trust us to execute their vision.”